NPC Start-up Technician Certification Online Class
The Start-up Technician Certification Program is a National Plasterers Council (NPC) initiative to set forth the proper protocol for a pool’s initial start-up. With this program, the NPC has established the industry’s standard for the start-up and care of plastered pools across the globe. NPC Certified Technicians have verifiable industry knowledge and hands-on experience to provide a quality start-up for in-ground swimming pools and spas using the NPC-approved method taught in the Certification Class.
Registration: NPC Members $225 | Non-Members $325
Once you register, you will have 30 days access to the presentation (includes shipping time for your materials). When you are ready to take the test, you will have 90 minutes to complete and be allowed two consecutive tries to pass the test. A 75% score is required to pass, after which you will be able to print your Start-up Technician Certificate. Read Important for Registration.
Remember, NPC will need to ship you the following learning materials:
- NPC 10th Edition Technical Manual
- IPSSA Basic Training Manual
- Start-up Technician Certification Workbook, which includes a copy of the presentation, NPC Technical Bulletins, and other important information
- NPC Start-up Card
This is a 3-hour online program that will certify an individual in the National Plasterers Council industry method of properly starting up the water chemistry and care of a newly surfaced swimming pool and/or spa.
Why should you become an NPC Certified Start-Up Technician?
- Learn the correct way to properly start up a newly plastered swimming pool using the NPC’s method.
- Earn a new certification to promote your company and increase your expertise.
- Learn about potential problems during the start-up process and how to avoid them.
- Gain a marketable and profitable competitive edge.
- Learn how to utilize industry resources to help solve field issues.
The course will cover seven primary areas:
- Part 1 – Historical Background
- Part 2 – Basics of Plastering Materials & Applications
- Part 3 – Basics of Pool Water Chemistry
- Part 4 – Review of Various Test Kits & Testing Methods
- Part 5 – General Start-up Procedures and Timeline
- Part 6 – Understanding the Langelier Saturation Index
- Part 7 – Identification of Common Problems & Solutions
Important for Registration
Each class registrant must have their own login (username and password) and each registration must check out (shopping cart) separately. If you are completing registrations for someone other than yourself, please be sure you are entering their information and not yours. Just creating a username and password does not complete your registration. You must go into the Shopping Cart to pay for the class.
Once a registration is complete, no changes can be made to it. Please register carefully.