Wednesday, February 21st, 2024 – 8 am – 5 pm
A new or newly plastered pool requires special start-up procedures to ensure the plaster cures properly.
The Start-up Technician Certification Program is a National Plasterers Council (NPC) initiative to set forth the proper protocol for a pool’s initial start-up. With this program, the NPC has established the industry’s standard for the start-up and care
of plastered pools across the globe. NPC Certified Technicians have demonstrable industry knowledge and hands-on experience to provide a quality start-up for in-ground swimming pools and spas using the NPC-approved method taught in the Certification
Why should you become an NPC Certified Start-Up Technician?
- Learn the proper way to start up a newly plastered swimming pool using the NPC’s method
- Earn a new certification to promote your company and increase your offering
- Learn about potential problems during the start-up process and how to avoid them
- Gain a marketable and profitable competitive edge
- Learn how to utilize industry resources to help solve field issues
This is a 8-hour program that will certify an individual in the National Plasterers Council industry method of properly starting up the water chemistry and care of a newly surfaced swimming pool and/or spa.
The course will cover the following and conclude with a 60 minute test:
- Part 1 – Historical Background
- Part 2 – Basics of Plastering Materials & Applications
- Part 3 – Basics of Pool Water Chemistry
- Part 4 – Review of Various Test Kits & Testing Methods
- Part 5 – General Start-up Procedures and Timeline
- Part 6 – Understanding the Langelier Saturation Index
- Part 7 – Identification of Common Problems & Solutions
This class qualifies for 8 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from the Pool & Hot Tub Association (PHTA).